Daniel R. Michel
Areas of Practice
Daniel R. Michel is a past President of the Ohio Association for Justice (OAJ), the state trial lawyers organization which advocates for the rights of consumers and injured persons. Dan also served for several years on the OAJ Board of Trustees as well as multiple officer positions; and the Board of Editors for OAJ’s bi-annual journal publication, OHIO TRIAL.
He has also been active with the Ohio State Bar Association (OSBA), having chaired the Negligence Law Committee and a Special Committee on attorney trust fund disbursements (Rule 1.15).
Dan has published several articles on a wide range of topics, and has lectured on various legal topics.
Dan graduated from Madonna University in 1992 with a Bachelor of Science in international business and economics, and Cum Laude from the University of Toledo, College of Law in 1996. At UT, he was a member of the University of Toledo Law Review, serving as both an editor and author. He joined the firm immediately upon graduation, and has focused his practice on personal injury and business disputes.
When Dan is not practicing law, he enjoys spending time outdoors with his family. Dan is an avid runner, biker and hiker. His love for these activities has taken him around the country to participate in long-distance events such as charity relays, marathons, and bike rides. So it is natural that Dan would be an advocate for road-sharing laws and other safety initiatives
Dan is active in the NW Ohio community, having served as a YMCA Board Member and President, Board Member for the Defiance Area General Health District, Scout leader, multiple positions within the Boy Scouts of America Black Swamp Area Council, the Defiance Area Foundation, and the Justin F. Coressel Charitable Trust.
- Supreme Court of Ohio, 1996
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1997
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2019
- Juris Doctor, cum laude University of Toledo College of Law, Toledo, Ohio, 1996
- University of Toledo Law Review, Note & Comment Editor, 1995 – 1996
- Bachelor of Science, Madonna University, International Business and Economics, 1992
- University of Detroit, 1987-1989
- “The CERCLA Paradox & Ohio’s Solution to the Brownfield Problem”, University of Toledo Law Review, Vol. 26:2,
- “The Make Whole Doctrine”, Ohio Trial, Vol. 12, Issue2, 2002
- “The Collateral Source Rule and the Real Party in Interest Defense”, Ohio Trial, Vol. 11, Issue 3, 2003
- Establishing Liability Coverage for Permissive Users Ohio Trial, Volume 13, Issue 2
- Ohio State Bar Association
- The Ohio Association for Justice
- The American Association for Justice
- Ohio State Bar Foundation, Fellow
Ohio State Bar Association
Ohio Association for Justice
National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Million Dollar Advocates form
Defending Liberty Perusing Justice
Ohio State Bar Association
American Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
BB Accredited Business
Super lawyers Rising Stars
Defiance Location901 Ralston Ave.
Defiance, OH 43512 (419) 782-9881
More Information About Defiance
Maumee Location1715 Indian Wood Cir Suite 200, Office 269
Maumee, OH 43537 (419) 546-0302
More Information About Maumee